Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wagas - My Favourite Restaurant

I have just got back from lunch at Thumb Plaza which is our local centre about a 10 minute walk. My favourite restaurant there is Wagas which is actually run by Australians. The food is fresh and and yummy and they have toys set up for kids. I end up going out for lunch about two times a week with Lachy. It's nice to actually take Lachy out and have him sit there for about 20 minutes or so. It's only recently that I've been able to do this. Don't get me wrong it's not exactly a totally relaxing experience but it's nice to get out.

At Thumb Plaza they have about 20 great restuarants, shops, a carrefour as well as outdoor areas including a big pool that kids can go paddle boating in. The area is really well set up for kids. Lachy loves going in there although was getting a little rowdy today and started splashing another kid! I wasn't too pleased! He then bit me as I led him forcefully away. The biting is a concern. For the last 2 weeks Lachlan as well as a number of other kids have been bitten by a boy at school. Jase and I are going to the school on Monday to complain. I am worried his being bitten will make him start biting other kids or make any behaviour issues with him worse. Generally speaking Lachy's behaviour has really improved since coming to China and with effective use of time- out and rules for discipline he is really doing well. I don't need issues at his school regressing his behaviour.

On Monday we have a tour with the British International School. We are thinking of putting him in from Sep 2009 as he will need to go 5 days and I really want him at a school where they speak predominantly English - especially with his delayed language skills. The school has a great reputation. Only downside is the cost. Jase and I will have to chip in about $10,000 of our own money! And that's with 2/3 of tuition being paid already.Very expensive. But that's the way it is with any international school in Shanghai.

I need to start uploading some of my pics from local hangouts. I need to remember to take my camera!

On Monday we will really start testing our new driver as I will be taking him over to Puxi. We had to sack our last driver as he kept getting me lost and would pull over on the road and ask complete strangers where to go! On Monday I have to get a dress fitting in Puxi and its also where the Yu Yan Gradens are. I plan to do some siteseeing while over there! I am getting a strapless red silk dress made for the Australian Women's Group Melbourne Cup social function. The whole thing is costing me about $75 Aussie. I will remember upload some pics of me wearing it!!

No comments: