Sunday, November 23, 2008

Six Weeks Pregnant

So I am six weeks pregnant. Hence probably why I have been so bad at keeping this up to date. Morning sickness is just setting in for me like it did last time at six weeks. Although not throwing up yet just queasy a lot of the time. So what's been happening I guess.
Well since I last wrote it has got much colder and almost depressingly so. I am not looking forward to winter and am very pleased to be heading back to Australia in Jan for 3 weeks for warm weather. I will be about 13 weeks preggo then so may be a nice surprise for a lot of people.
Lachy is settling in well at school and I am pleased to say the biting has stopped. He is now having three types of therapy and is really starting to make some progress. We have worked out that he has a mild sensory processing disorder and I am convinced it is this that can set of his behaviour. So now he is seeing an Occupational Therapist who will teach him how to slow his engine down and not to be so distracted by sounds. His speech is really coming along now. And he can say his name correctly - Lachy rather than Gachy when prompted. His behaviour is improving too. The only disappointing thing has been the insurance agency that is refusing to pay for Lachy's treatment. We are having to cut back his therapy to twice a month now and I am hopeful of even stopping his behaviour therapy by April. It is costing us a fortune ($250 Aussie per treatment session) . When we go back to Australia I am getting him assessed for an Autism Spectrum Disorder as then we will hopefully be able to get some money back when we are back there in Jan and July and August each year. Not that I want him to be diagnosed with this and if he is it will be mild I know but at least we would get back some cash for the treatments.
I have been keeping busy and most weeks really only have about one day to myself where I haven't organised something. Having lunch with a girlfriend on Wednesday actually. And Lachy has a play date with a little girl 4 floors down. Life here is great but I am really homesick, and feeling sick and bit wanting the lovely Melbourne air! Gotta go. Till next time.

No comments: