Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting by on my Own

Wow its been a while since I last wrote. Jase has been in Shanghai now for two weeks and I've been doing the single mum thing back in Australia. It's hard work. My hats go out to all the single parents out there. As I'm still working I have to do all the drop offs and picks ups from childcare on my own plus get Lachy up in the morning and get dinner at night. Most nights Lachy hasn't got to bed until 9pm and by the time I unwind, clean up, check emails, pack etc I'm not in bed until 11pm and asleep until midnight. I finish work in two weeks though so that should help. I can't complain too much as Lachy has been really good. We are just having some difficulty with his toileting which has gone slightly backwards! Oh well I guess it could be worse. It's just so frustrating.

Looks like Jase has found us a place to live Pudong, a place called Yanlord Town. It has 4 bedrooms and is on the 17th floor. They have agreed to get some new furniture. Hopefully the landlord signs the contract tonight. I really hope we get it as the location is ideal. And I could walk to many nearby amenities as well Century Park where I could go for a run. It's also in between the kindergarten and school we are looking to send Lachlan. So just over 9 weeks to go for me until we join Jase in Shanghai. It is still so weird and surreal. But i guess that's to be expected.

No comments: